|Moong Dal Chakli Recipe (Spicy Crunchy Spirals)
- 2 cups rice flour
- 1/2 cup Mung Dal paste
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain) or cumin seeds
- 1 red chili powder (optional)
- Salt To Taste
- Oil for frying water as required
- Cook the mungdal to a paste like consistency .
- In a big bowl add rice flour, mungdal paste, turmeric, salt, chili powder, carom seeds or cumin seeds.
- Mix lightly. Heat oil and add the sizzling hot oil to the rice flour mix.
- Add water as needed to make a stiff dough. Knead thoroughly with hand not food processor.
- Take a lemon size dough and place it in a chakli mould or icing bag with star nozzle. Heat oil for frying.
- Test the oil by dropping a small piece of dough and wait for 3 seconds if it does not rise to the top then oil needs to be heated.
- Gently make a spiral with the chakli mould or icing bag and deep fry to a golden brown.
- Cool moong dal chakli completely before storing in an airtight container.
Moong Dal Chakli Recipe
Daal Paratha Recipe
Gujarati Dal Dhokali Recipe
Gujarati Kadhi Recipe
Kakdi Nu Raitu Recipe
Ringan Nu Oloo Recipe
Tindora Nu Shaak Recipe
Vangi Batata Bhaji Recipe
Khaman Kakdi Recipe