N.C.Hills area was a part of Kachari Kingdom before 1832. The kingdom was complete from Jamuna in the North to the foot-hills of Lushai Hills in the south. The Dimasa Kachari kings had their Capitals successively at Dimapur, Maibang, Kashpur & lastly at Horitikor ( Karimganj district near Badarpur ).
In 1830, the Dimasa king Gobinda Chandra was assassinated by his own general Gambhir Singh, after that the British annexed the southern part of the kingdom on 14th August 1832 under the doctrine of Lapsi. The rest was ruled by last Dimasa General Tularam. In 1837 a portion of Tularam's kingdom was extra annexed to the British Empire & constituted into a sub-division of Nagaon district in 1837 with Head quarter at Asalu.
In 1854, on the death of Tularam, the remaining portion of his kingdom was finally annexed to the British Empire & added to the Asalu sub-division. In 1867 this sub-division was abolished & apportioned into three parts amongst the districts Cachar, Khasi & Jaintia Hills & Nagaon. Later on it became a part of India.
It’s a place filled with adventure, fairy tail stories and festivals. Every the fun loving people will find it an attractive place amongst the hills.