Bombay Chiwda Recipe
- Add 1/3rd cup halves Peanuts (Moong Phali)
- Add 1/3rd cup halves Cashew (Kaju)
- Add 1/4th cup whole Almond (Badam)
- Add 1/4 cup blanched Pistachio (Pista)
- Add 1/4th cup Pumpkin seeds
- Add 1/4th cup Pine Nuts
- Add 2-3 sliced crosswise into thin rounds hot Green chilli (Hari Mirch)
- Add 1 tblsp Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 15 Curry Leaves (Kari Patta)
- Add 3 tblsp fresh Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
- Add 2/3 rd cup thick pounded Flat Rice (Poha)
- Add 1/4th cup Raisins (Kishmish)
- Add 1/4th cup Currants (Kishmish)
- Add 1/4th cup chopped Dates (Khajoor)
- Add1/2 tsp Salt (Namak)
- Add 2 tblsp Maple or Date Sugar
- Add 1/3 cup Moong Dal
- 1cup deep fried Sev Noodles
- Vegetable Oil or Ghee for deep-frying
How to make bombay chiwda:
- Heat oil or ghee in a kadhai or deep-frying pan over a moderate heat.
- Place the peanuts in a wire-mesh sieve and lower it into the oil.
- Fry until golden brown, lift out the sieve, and move the nuts to paper towels to drain.
- In separate batches, fry the cashews, almonds, pistachios, pumpkin seeds and pine nuts until golden brown, and drain on paper towels.
- Pat the nuts dry with more paper towels, bolt off any excess oil.
- Remove all the nuts to a bowl.
- Raise the heat of the oil and place the green chilies in the sieve and lower it into the oil and fry until crisp.
- Lift out the sieve and transfer the chilies to the paper towels to drain.
- Add the fennel seeds, curry leaves and fresh coriander to the sieve and fry in the same way until the leaves are dark green and crisp.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Now add half of flat rice to the sieve, lower it into the oil and fry for 1 minute or until the frothing oil subsides and poha floats.
- It must not brown only turn golden yellow.
- Fry the remaining flat rice dry on paper towel, blot all the excess oil.
- Add the flat rice to the nuts bowl and toss to mix.
- Combine the raisins, currants and dates in a bowl and add the salt, sugar & spices in different bowl.
- Sprinkle 1/2 of the spice mixture into the dried fruit and the remaining into the nuts, toss well.
- Finally, combine all the ingredients and toss to mix.
- Cool to room temperature and store in an air tight container.
- Keeps well upto 2 months.