Pandhra Rassa Recipe
- Add 1 kg skinned and cut into pieces Chicken
- Add 2 medium sized chopped finely Onion (Pyaj)
- Add 11/2 tsp Garlic Paste (Lasun Paste)
- Add 1 tsp Ginger Paste (Adrak Paste)
- Add 1/2 grated dry Coconut (Nariyal)
- Add 10 Cloves (Lavang)
- 1inch long piece of Cinnamon (Tuj/Dalchini)
- Add 1 1/2 tblsp Black Cumin Seed (Jeera)
- 3 cut into pieces dried Red Chili (Lal Mirchi)
- Add 11/2 tblsp Poppy seeds (Khuskhus)
- To taste Salt (Namak)
- Add 11/2 tsp Red Chili seeds
- Add 11/2 tsp Coriander Seeds (Dhania)
- Add 2 cup Coconut Milk (Nariyal Ka Doodh)
- Add 1/2 cup stirred Plain Yogurt / Curd (Dahi)
- Add 1 tblsp Raisins (Kishmish)
- Add 1 tblsp Cashewnut (Kaju)
- Add 3 tblsp Ghee / Vegetable Oil
How to make Pandhra Rassa:
- Clean the sensitive pieces of chicken correctly and apply the ginger-garlic paste on them thoroughly, set aside.
- Grind together dry coconut, black cumin seeds, poppy seeds, coriander seeds, red chili seeds, cardamom seeds and 8 cloves, adding a little water and keep aside.
- Heat 1 tblsp oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add cinnamon, red chili pieces, cashew nuts, raisins and remaining cloves.
- Stir fry till cashew nuts turn golden.
- Now add chicken pieces to it and fry well.
- Lower the flame and cover the pan.
- Put a little water on the lid and cook till almost done.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan and add onion.
- Fry till it becomes translucent.
- Add the grinded paste and stir fry and add curd and stir for two minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken and 2 cups of water, and bring to boil.
- Add coconut milk and stir well.
- Boil only once to avoid curdling.
- Serve hot with rice, pooris or roti.