Pitachi Mirchi Recipe
- Add 11/4 cup Cornmeal / Cornstarch (Makai Ka Atta)
- Add 2 tblsp flaked Coconut (Nariyal)
- Add 4-5 dried Green Peppers
- Add 2 tsp roasted and coarsely ground Sesame seeds (Til)
- Add 1 tsp Black Mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson)
- Few Curry Leaves (Kari Patta)
- Add 1 tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- Add 1 tsp Cayenne Powder
- Add 1 tsp Coriander Powder (Dhania Powder)
- A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- To taste Salt (Namak)
- Add 1 tsp Lemon Juice (Nimbu Ka Raas)
- Add 4 tblsp Oil
How to make Pitachi Mirchi:
- Dry-Roast the cornmeal on little heat till golden.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, allow them to pop.
- Add asafoetida, curry leaves, turmeric, coriander, cayenne powders and salt.
- Stir for a minute and add peppers.
- Mix well, add little water and cook the vegetable is done but crisp.
- Now add cornmeal, coconut, and lemon juice and sesame seeds and mix fine.
- Cook until the flour has absorbed all the liquid.
- Serve hot.