Valche Virdi Recipe
- Add 21/2 cup sprouted and skinned Val beans
- Add 2 cup grated Coconut (Nariyal)
- Add 4 tblsp grated Jaggery (Gud)
- Add 4 Green chilli (Hari mirch) slit lengthwise but stem end intact
- Add 1 tsp Black Mustard seeds (Rai/Sarson)
- Add 1 tsp Cumin Seed (Jeera)
- A pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)
- Few Curry Leaves (Kari Patta)
- To taste Salt (Namak)
- Add 2 tblsp chopped finely Coriander Leaves (Dhania Patta)
- Add 3 tblsp Oil
How to make Valche Virdi:
- Heat the oil in a pan and insert mustard seeds, allow them to pop.
- Add half of the cumin seeds.
- Add asafoetida, curry leaves and green chilies, saute for a minute.
- Add the val, a little water. jaggery and salt.
- Cook over little heat until the val is soft but not mushy.
- Grind the coconut and the remaining cumin seeds to a fine paste.
- Stir the paste into the curry and simmer for a minute.
- Serve hot, garnished with coriander leaves.