- Add 1 cup Rice
- Add 2/3 cup Coconut (scraped)
- Add 2/3 cup Pressed Rice (poha)
- Add 1 1/3 cup Jaggery (grated)
- Add 1/3 cup Coconut Milk
- Add a pinch Salt
- Add 1 drop Yellow Colour
- Add Ghee to fry
How to make Eliappe:
- Clean, wash and soak the rice for 3-4 hours. Drain.
- Grind together rice, scraped coconut and pressed rice to a not too fine paste.
- Insert coconut milk, grated jaggery, yellow colouring, and pinch of salt and mix well.
- Leave the batter overnight to ferment.
- Heat the appam griddle till smoking hot. Lower the heat and drop a teaspoonful of ghee in each dent. Drop a tablespoonful of batter in each dent.
- Cook till golden brown.
Chicken Kurma Recipe
Vegetable Rava Uppuma Recipe
Yera Pondu Masala Recipe
Paruppu Usili With Green Beans Recipe
Neer More Recipe
Jackfruit Puzhukku Recipe
Coconut Podi Recipe