- Add 2 cups rice (chawal)
- Add 1/4 cup black gram split (urad dal)
- Add 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Add 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- Salt (namak) to taste
- Add 1/4 cup white butter
- Coconut (narial) oil for frying
How to make Murukku:
- Dry roast the rice in a hot frying pan without letting the color change. Clean and soak for about half an hour, drain and spread on a cotton cloth to absorb the excess moisture. Grind to a well powder.
- Broil the urad dal to light brown colour, cool and crush into a smooth powder.
- Sieve equally the flours together during a fine sieve.
- Dissolve asafoetida and salt in one fourth cup water and add the cumin seeds, make firm dough with the sieved flour. Rub in the butter and knead with light hands to totally incorporate the butter.
- To make the murukkus, grease your fingers and take a little dough. Roll them among your palm to a tubular form. Form this roll into circles, while twisting them along. You have to make two circles next to each other. Compress the ends into the circle to secure. Create two batches at a time, cover with a wet cloth to prevent them from drying.
- Heat oil and fry them in batches. Take them on a plate and softly slide them into the oil and fry on both sides till it becomes light golden brown and crisp.
- Drain and let it cool before serving them. Store in a dry air-tight container.
Chicken Kurma Recipe
Vegetable Rava Uppuma Recipe
Yera Pondu Masala Recipe
Paruppu Usili With Green Beans Recipe
Neer More Recipe
Jackfruit Puzhukku Recipe
Coconut Podi Recipe