- Add 8-10 cups milk
- Add 4 green cardamoms
- Add 1/2 cup sugar (cheeni)
- Add 1/2 cup jaggery (gud) (grated)
- Add 1 pinch (optional) camphor (edible)
How to make thirattuyal:
- Boil the milk in a large and shallow kadai. Reduce the heat and continue to simmer.
- Grind the cardamom with 1 tablespoon sugar to a fine powder.
- Keep skimming the sheet of cream that forms on the outside of the simmering milk and reserve in a bowl.
- While the milk has reduced to half the original quantity, add the sugar and cardamom powder.
- Continue simmering to reduce the milk further, stirring continuously with a spatula.
- As the milk starts solidifying, add the skimmed cream and jaggery. Stir and continue cooking till it melts and combines well.
- Sprinkle the camphor powder, mix well and serve.
- You can also store this in a sterilized bottle for a few days.
Chicken Kurma Recipe
Vegetable Rava Uppuma Recipe
Yera Pondu Masala Recipe
Paruppu Usili With Green Beans Recipe
Neer More Recipe
Jackfruit Puzhukku Recipe
Coconut Podi Recipe